Cookies help us deliver our services. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn more

Restaurant U zlatého lva (At the Golden Lion)

Welcome to our website !

The restaurant At the Golden Lion is located in an old-town house, which is a part of the Royal Way through Prague. The house dates from 1408, when a brewery and medieval inn were founded here.

Except during the winter months, our visitors can sit outside, in the quiet and peaceful Ovocný trh, just a few metres from Celetna street and Old Town Square.

On entering through 17 Ovocný trh you will find the restaurant in original gothic cellars. We offer Czech and international cuisine according to our own recipies.

  • The capacity of the restaurant is 100 seats. The terrace has 30 seats.
  • Opening hours: 11 a.m. - 11 p.m.
  • Group menu available.

House and Restaurant At the Golden Lion 

This Old Town house At the Golden Lion belongs to the oldest town houses in Prague. It is a part of the Royal Way - the most beautiful sightseeing route in the centre of Prague. In the Middle Ages, this was the main path connecting the Castle and the town.

The house no 568 dates from 1400. Its new owner Simon built a medieval brewery and a tavern here in 1408. Gothic cellars and walls on the groundfloor and 1st floor verifiably come from that period.

In 1486, the house was bought by Matěj and his wife Anna, who decorated the house with a sign of the golden lion. The house has been called At the Golden Lion since then.

Most likely, this house has always been a tavern and there was a brewery for some centuries as well.

In 1725, the house was rebuilt in Baroque style. Its current look is therefore Baroque.

The house At the Golden Lion is written on the list of the cultural heritage of the Czech Republic.

Těšíme se na Vaší návštěvu!

Česky  Menu Deutsch  russian-menu  Menu Français  Menu italiano  Menu español

News and Events

Launch new websites

11 Jan 2016